This past January, I hit a wall. My mother and I weren’t getting along (for the first time in my entire life), I was struggling after my divorce to find my new path and forge ahead. I wasn’t sure what my future held, and I was lost. My immediate reaction — when I felt the walls closing in — was to cut out the distraction, drama, and influence that social media brought to my life. I disconnected my account on New Year’s Day, and until a couple of days ago, never looked back. It wasn’t until this week, when a colleague experienced the tragic event of her young daughter’s death, that I realized that life is too short and precious to not share — and participate — in the lives of those we care about.
Tag Archives Personal
- A decade of gratitude: 10 things I’m thankful for as I close one chapter and open another (3)
- 7 easy tips for writing better headlines (3)
- Intently disconnected: Seven reflections on my time away from Facebook (2)
- Taking your magazine from good to great: 11 ways to get you to the next level (2)
- How to evolve your magazine’s brand (1)